Terms and Conditions
The Queensland Times (QT) – Win on Wednesday
- The Promoter is The Queensland Times Pty Ltd (94 009 658 244), 260 Brisbane Street, West Ipswich Queensland 4305. Telephone number: 07 3817 1733.
- Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of the terms of entry. By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be permanent Queensland residents and reside in The QT distribution area to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants who are under the age of 18 years must have parent/legal guardian consent to be eligible to enter.
- If there is an inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- To enter, Contestants must cut out the image of the prize they would like to win from The QT Win on Wednesday page, published in The QT Newspaper Wednesday April 5, 2017; then place in an envelope and address the envelope to The QT Win on Wednesday (with the name of the prize they would like to win) and clearly mark their name, address and phone number on the back of the envelope; then:
- Send to: PO Box 260, West Ipswich Qld 4305; or
- Deliver to: 260 Brisbane Street, West Ipswich Qld 4305.
- Images must be original newsprint. Photocopies, scanned images, web/digital prints, reproductions or any other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
- Entries must be received within the Promotion Period (see Clause 12).
- Contestants may submit more than one entry however; any winner can only win one (1) prize.
- One original image per standard envelope is deemed a valid entry.
- While entry is free, the cost of delivering or posting entries is the responsibility of the contestant.
- The competition commences at 8:30am AEST on Wednesday April 5, 2017 and closes at 12:00pm AEST Tuesday April 11, 2017 (“Promotion Period”). Entries received outside the Promotion Period will be deemed invalid and will not be entered in the competition.
- Eleven winners will be selected via random draw from all valid entries submitted in the competition. The winners will receive one (1) of the following prizes:
- 1 of 3 copies of the book: The Shape of Us, RRP $29.99 each (incl. of GST).
- One (1) copy of the book: Ayesha’s Gift, RRP $32.99 each (incl. of GST).
- 1 of 3 copies of the book: Frostblood, RRP $19.99 each (incl. of GST).
- 1 of 3 copies of the book: The Hidden Hours, RRP $29.99 each (incl. of GST).
- One (1) copy of the book: The Pretty Delicious Café, RRP $29.99 each (incl. of GST).
- The total maximum recommended retail value of the prize pool is $302.89 (inclusive of GST).
- All prizes are listed with the Recommended Retail Price (RRP) and inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter:
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether they live in the same household or not);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The prize winners will be selected via random draw from all valid entries submitted on Tuesday April 11, 2017 at 12:05pm AEST at The QT office, 260 Brisbane Street, West Ipswich Qld and prizes awarded following winner verification.
- All winners will be contacted by telephone.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter in to correspondence regarding the competition result or any other decisions the Promoter makes about the Promotion.
- The winners’ details will be published in The QT Win on Wednesday page on Wednesday April 12, 2017.
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Prizes must be claimed in person by the winner from The QT office and Government issued Photo ID is required to confirm the winner and residence.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- All minors must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian to collect their prize on their behalf.
- It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
- All prizes must be picked up within 90 days of notification (unless otherwise specified). Prizes that remain uncollected after 90 days will be entered in an uncollected prize redraw with winners drawn as per these Terms and Conditions with redraw winners contacted immediately after the redraw by telephone.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
31. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released to the winner or for delivery via postage or courier.
32. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
33. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss because of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, about the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
34. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
36. We collect and use that information to provide you with our goods and services and to promote and improve our goods and services. We may also share your information with our related companies and any of us may be in contact for those purposes (including email and SMS).
37. Where you have entered a competition, we may disclose your personal information to authorities if you are a prize winner or otherwise required by law.
38. Further information on how we handle personal information, how you can complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, how we deal with a complaint of that nature, how you can access or seek correction of your personal information and our contact details can be located at www.apnarm.com.au/privacy
39. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion for marketing purposes. If you wish to opt out of sharing information with other companies, you can do this by writing to the Promoter at the address shown at Clause 1.