Terms and Conditions
Queensland Times (QT) – Win on Wednesday
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be Australian residents to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants who are under the age of 18 years must have parent/legal guardian consent to be eligible to enter.
- If there is an inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- The Promoter is The Queensland Times Pty Ltd, 260 Brisbane Street, West Ipswich Qld 4305. ABN 94 009 658 244.
- To enter, Contestants must cut out the image of the prize they would like to win from the QT newspaper published Wednesday April 20, 2016; then address the envelope to QT Win on Wednesday (with the name of the prize they would like to win), then clearly mark their name, address and Phone Number on the back of the envelope; then:
- Send to: PO Box 260, West Ipswich Qld 4305; or
- Deliver to: 260 Brisbane Street, West Ipswich Qld 4305.
- Images must be original.
- Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
- Entries must be received within the Promotion period.
- Contestants may submit more than one entry.
- One original image per standard envelope.
- While entry is free, the cost of delivering or posting entries is the responsibility of the contestant.
- 1 of 2 copies of the book: Daughters of Australia, retail value $29.99 each (inclusive of GST).
- 1 of 2 In-season Double passes (2 people) to see the movie: Mother’s Day, retail value $36.00 each (inclusive of GST).
- Movie passes must be collected by the winners no later than 12:00pm Friday May 6, 2016. (Refer clause 20 & 21 Prize Redraw)
- 1 of 2 copies of the book: The Long Run, retail value $29.99 each (inclusive of GST).
- 1 of 2 copies of the book: Outback Sisters, retail value $29.99 each (inclusive of GST).
- 1 of 3 copies of the book: Born Survivors, retail value $22.99 each (inclusive of GST).
- The total maximum retail value of the prize pool is $297.92 (inclusive of GST).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The competition commences at 8:30am on Wednesday April 20, 2016 and closes at 12:00pm Tuesday April 26, 2016 (“promotion period”). Entries received after the promotion period will be deemed as invalid.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter:
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The prize winners will be selected in a random draw at the QT office, 260 Brisbane Street, West Ipswich Qld at 12:05pm Tuesday April 26, 2016 and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. Winners will be contacted by telephone.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be published in the QT newspaper on Wednesday April 27, 2016.
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Movie Ticket prizes that remain uncollected at 12:00pm Friday May 6, 2016 will be entered into an uncollected prize redraw, with winners drawn randomly.
- The redraw will take place at the QT office, 260 Brisbane Street, Ipswich Qld at 12:05pm Friday May 6, 2016. Winners will be contacted by telephone.
- Prizes must be claimed in person from the QT office and Government issued Photo ID is required.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- A Parent/legal Guardian must accompany minors to collect their prize on their behalf.
- All prizes must be picked up within 90 days of notification.
- It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
27. Prizes (other than specified) must be collected within 90 days. Prizes that remain uncollected after 90 days will be entered into an uncollected prize redraw at the QT office, 260 Brisbane Street, Ipswich Qld 4305, and redraw winners will be contacted immediately after the redraw by telephone.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
28. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
29. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
30. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
31. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
33. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.