Conditions of entry: QT “Win a Trip to Hawaii” Competition
1. Method of entry: Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Prize winner must ensure all persons using prize are provided with terms and conditions and also agree to them. To enter, Contestants must collect from the Queensland Times newspaper a code word which will change daily published every day (except Tuesday) between Saturday October 19, 2013 and November 18, 2013. Entries must be submitted online via www.qt.com.au/competitions. Entrant must submit correct code word to be eligible for entry.
Contestants may submit more than one entry, but any Contestant may only win one of the prizes or any number of prizes.
2. Prizes: 1 Major Prize:
Total value of the holiday $ 9000.00 AUD
- Total cost is for two people, Travellers must be over 21 at the time of travel
- return flights to Hawaii ex Brisbane with Jetstar, Qantas, Virgin, Air Pacific or Hawaiian Airlines (Subject to best available airfare at the time of confirmation)
- Accommodation in Honolulu 3.5* plus hotel | 7 days
- Return transfers
Price does not include VISA, nor Travel Insurance (Travel insurance and VISA is compulsory for this trip – we will require proof at the time of confirmation)
All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
Blackout dates apply, must travel between APR-JUN 14
3. Competition duration: The competition commences on Saturday October 19, 2013 and closes at 11:59:59pm Monday November 18, 2013 (“Closure Time”). Entries received after the Closure Time will not be eligible.
4. Eligibility limitations: Contestants under the age of 18 require parent/guardian permission to enter. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter so far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) the spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
5. Draw and notification: The prize winner(s) will be selected by random draw at 9:05am Tuesday November 19, 2013 and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winner’s details will be published in Queensland Time’s Public Notices Wednesday November 20, 2013 All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his / her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
6. Redraw: In the event that the winner has not come forward by January 20, 2014 the Promoter may conduct such further random draws as are necessary on this date at 12.01pm at the same place as the original draw, to select a new winner. In the event of a redrawn winner, he/she will be contacted directly on the phone number(s) provided.
7. Prize collection: Prizes must be claimed in person unless winner is otherwise advised and ID that includes a photograph may be required. Upon request by the Promoter a copy of the general contest rules and/or a signed receipt and acknowledgement must be signed and endorsed by any winner to indicate his/her understanding and acceptance of these terms. All prizes when specified must be picked up within 90 days of notification. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize. All prizes that remain unclaimed 90 days after notification has been sent to the winner will be redrawn by random draw in an unclaimed prize draw.
8. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
9. Entries and privacy: The Promoter collects your personal information to include you in this competition and may disclose the information to its Related Bodies Corporate (as defined in the Corporations Act 2011 (Cth)) and other persons/ entities who help us run the competition, including persons/entities who provide prizes for the competition. The Promoter may also use the information to assist us in improving our goods and services and to contact you in the future in regard to our other goods and services. You can contact us to gain access to your personal information by writing to The Privacy Officer, APN 3/33 Park Road, Milton.
All entries become the property of the Promoter. By entering the promotion you are giving your consent to be contacted by APN ARM for marketing purposes, including sending the entrant electronic messages. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter.
Promoter: The Queensland Times ACN: 009658244