The death of a man at a shopping centre overnight is being treated as an electrocution. Police say it was a workplace death.
The death of a man at a shopping centre overnight is being treated as an electrocution. Police say it was a workplace death.

Worker electrocuted on shopping centre roof

A man was found dead on a southern suburbs shopping centre roof overnight in a suspected electrocution.

The 48-year-old Morphettville man was found unresponsive on the roof of the Aberfoyle Hub Shopping Centre shortly before 10pm.

It is understood the man had been working at the site earlier in the day and the alarm was raised when he did not return home.

Police and ambulance crews attended the shopping centre but the man had died at the scene.

The fatality is being treated as a workplace death.

SafeWork SA officers also visited the scene and are investigating the death.

Police are preparing a report for the coroner.

caleb.bond@news.com.au

Originally published as Worker found dead on shopping centre roof



New fitness studio opens with ‘attitudes’ changing

Premium Content New fitness studio opens with ‘attitudes’ changing

An Ipswich personal trainer is opening up a new fitness studio. He says COVID-19...

Four hospitalised after multi-car crash near Wivenhoe Dam

Premium Content Four hospitalised after multi-car crash near Wivenhoe Dam

Paramedics assessed a total of six patients at the scene.

How ‘super’ sensors will improve safety for miners

Premium Content How ‘super’ sensors will improve safety for miners

The tiny sensors, capable of operating at 600C, have caught the attention of NASA...