VIDEO: Worker crushed at work site out of hospital
UPDATE: A worker injured at the QIC development site in the Toowoomba CBD is expected to return to work on Monday.
Emergency services were called to the Victoria St site about 8.20am with reports a 30-year-old man had been crushed under construction material.
It is understood he received injuries to his neck, upper torso and legs.
He was stabilised at the scene and taken to the Toowoomba Hospital shortly before 9am.
Probuild project director Mick Tully said the company could not reveal details of the incident while an investigation was being finalised.
"All authorities were contacted and have investigated the incident," he said.
"Most importantly, the person is recovering well and is expected to return to work on Monday."
He said Workplace Health and Safety and Queensland Police had investigated the incident.
10AM: A construction worker injured at the QIC development site this morning has been taken to Toowoomba Hospital in a stable condition.
Queensland Ambulance crews stabilised the man onsite at the QIC development on Victoria St before transporting him.
The incident happened about 8.20am.
It is understood the 30-year-old man suffered injuries to his neck, upper torso and legs.
Construction work has resumed onsite.
Emergency services were off-scene about 9am.
- DIAL-A-DEATH: Police target motorists on mobile phones
- Excavator topples over during Range works
- Toddler, 3, dies after farm forklift accident
- Loved dad killed in freak accident
9AM: A worker has been crushed by a metal pole on a Toowoomba CBD construction site.
Emergency services are on scene this morning at the QIC development site on Victoria St.
It is understood the 30-year-old man has suffered injuries to his neck, upper torso and legs.