Ipswich businesses cash in on Boxing Day rush
SMALL business are cashing in on the festive buzz today and making the most of Boxing Day trading.
Laneway Cafe and Bar are among a small handful of Ipswich business who opened their doors for trade in the wake of Christmas.
Barista Clare Gardner said there was a strong incentive to get back to work and a steady stream of customers lining up before opening time was proof.
"We are one of the only places open today so that will bring in a lot of business hopefully," she said.
"Today we're looking forward to serving a lot of people so come in for a decorative milkshake."
Major shopping centres, coffee shops and cafes and grocery stores in Ipswich are trading today as part of the Boxing Day rush.
- Coles Ipswich - 9am - 6pm
- Woolworths Riverlink, Booval, Brassall and Ipswich City Square - 9am - 6pm
- Aldi Riverlink, Yamanto - 9am - 6pm
- Redbank Plaza - 9am - 6pm
- Town Square Redbank Plains - 10am-4pm
- Riverlink Shopping Centre - 10am-4pm
- Booval Fair Shopping Centre - 10am-4pm
- Orion Springfield - 10am-4pm
- Brassall Shopping Centre - 10am-4pm
Food and entertainment:
- Strictly Coffee - 8am - 11am
- Cineplex Redbank Plaza - 9.30am - 11pm
- Limelight Cinemas Ipswich - 9.15am - 9.30pm
- Event Cinemas Springfield - 10am - midnight
- McDonalds Ipswich CBD: Open 24 hours
- Hungry Jacks Booval: Open until 11pm
- KFC Yamanto: 10am - 10pm