A one-year-old has reportedly ingested fuel at a family home in North Rockhampton.
A one-year-old has reportedly ingested fuel at a family home in North Rockhampton.

UPDATE: Baby unharmed after ingesting poisonous liquid

UPDATE, 2.40pm: The one-year-old infant who reportedly consumed a small amount of fuel at his family home has not sustained any serious injuries.

Paramedics were first called to the Boronia Close address around 1.30pm.

The little boy was assessed on scene, with no further treatment required.

INITIAL, 1.30pm: Emergency services are responding to a one-year-old child who has reportedly ingested a small amount of fuel.

It is understood the male infant swallowed the chemical around 1.20pm at a Norman Gardens home.

Early reports suggest the child came across the poisonous liquid inside a dog tin at the family home.

He then reportedly suffered a choking incident in the minutes after.

QAS are currently en route.

More to come.



Shocking stats: Major hospitals’ performance data revealed

Premium Content Shocking stats: Major hospitals’ performance data revealed

Patients with lives on the line: See how your hospital performed

Is it time we shut down crime and corruption watchdog?

Premium Content Is it time we shut down crime and corruption watchdog?

Has Queensland’s crime watchdog become a mangy mongrel?

Ipswich jockey in exciting home track finish

Premium Content Ipswich jockey in exciting home track finish

A crowd of about 15,000 has cheered Happy Go Plucky home in the Ipswich Cup.