Highway reopens after two semi trailer crashes
UPDATE: TWO car drivers have been incredibly lucky to escape separate semi trailer crashes uninjured this morning.
At about 6.25am a crash between two semi trailers and a car closed northbound lanes of the Bruce Highway at Glasshouse (near the twin service stations.)
A police spokesman confirmed the car involved was severely damaged but the driver escaped uninjured.
Then about 20 minutes later only one kilometre up the road another semi trailer collided with a car.
This driver also escaped uninjured.
Both scenes caused heavy traffic delays for about an hour this morning but each crash has now been cleared and traffic is flowing again.
EARLIER: TWO semi trailers have collided with a car on the Bruce Highway near Glasshouse this morning.
A police spokesman said the car was a write off but injuries were unknown at this stage.
The crash occured about 6.25am this morning heading northbound just south of exit 171 near the twin service stations.
It's also believed a man in his 20s has been involved in seperate crash in the area.
Police have confirmed one lane northbound is currently closed to clear the scene and will be for some time.
Delays are highly likely at this stage.
More to come.
WHAT'S HOT ONLINE TODAY
- Murdered nurses denied memorial
- Six year driving ban for man involved in police chase
- Baby on board as pair speeds, crashes into cars
- Farmer: mining companies have 'gun at our heads'
- Owen threatened to kill prosecutor after being found guilty
- US hid Iraq's chemical weapons. Now ISIS has them
- Teen fits car with lights and sirens to pose as cop