Two dead from heater fumes in Sydney cabin

TWO people have been killed from what police suspect were fumes from a woodchip heater at a property in Kurrajong in Sydney's north-west.

Police said the deaths happened early on Monday morning in a makeshift cabin on Browns Road in Kurrajong, near the Blue Mountains.

The area is semi-rural, with several holiday homes in the region.

The Rural Fire Service said it was believed the couple had the heater in the cabin when they were overcome by the fumes.

Police are investigating.

Read more at ABC News

 

 



Guests asked to avoid plastic at one Scenic Rim lodge

Guests asked to avoid plastic at one Scenic Rim lodge

Guests were asked to limit the amount of plastic they bought onsite.

'No beach left': 7.5m sinkhole swallows tourist hotspot

'No beach left': 7.5m sinkhole swallows tourist hotspot

A sinkhole has formed at Inskip Point this morning

A day in the life of a teenage mum

premium_icon A day in the life of a teenage mum

Sense of sisterhood and resilience powerful in unique classroom

Local Partners