Tributes flow as death of Mackay dad remains a mystery
TRIBUTES and messages of sadness and support are flowing on social media following the tragic death of a Mackay father late last week.
On Friday, The Daily Mercury reported Mackay's Trevor Lange, was found dead on the floor of his room at the Hail Creek workers' camp in the early hours of Thursday morning.
The cause of Trevor's death is still being determined with a spokesperson for the Coroners Court of Queensland confirming it was still under investigation.
"The death of Mr Lange has been reported to the Central Coroner, Mr David O'Connell, for investigation. No further information will be released at this time as it is an ongoing investigation,' the spokesperson said.
Medical practitioners must issue a cause of death certificate if they can determine the probable cause of death. If they can't, they must report the death to the coroner for an autopsy to determine the medical cause of death.
As word spread of the tragic loss, dozens of residents posted tribute messages on the Daily Mercury's Facebook page.
- Rose Kenyon: It's not easy. I had to tell my 5 yo daughter & my 3 & 1/2yo son that their Daddy wasn't coming home too. But not because he was murdered or an accident. Their Daddy died from Motor Neurone Disease......! I pray this family will find peace & love for their future.
- Jackson Rawle: Rip Trev. Another deadset legend gone too soon
- Chrissy Bunney: Very sad rip mate
- Andrew Fagg: Too many... gone 💔peace to all!!
- Natalija Kalabic Lorraway: This makes me incredibly sad for his family.
- Joy Richards: So sad. Condolences to the family.
- Brad Overlack: RIP mate and thoughts are with his family
- Dianne Catanzariti: So sad thinking of the family god bless he's family
- Jackie Kaye Elsing: My condolences to his family, such a sad loss
- Sarah May Humphreys: My condolences to his partner, children, family and friends . RIP
- John Hickson: Very sad indeed, RIP.
- Betty-may Dern: R.I.P Trev, Only knew you for a short time, but you wre a nice guy
- Andrew Lange: Couldn't have asked for a better brother
- Bianca Hinton: Thoughts and prayers to your family. Hoping you find answers soon.
- Corrie Thompson: Just seeing if there's a gofundme page for Trevor's gorgeous kids as I like to donate to help. As my both daughters are friends with them with kindy and school.
- Lana Mason: RIP Trevor your a great bloke with a big heart. Such an awesome down to earth tru blue bloke.
- Jackie Loughnan: RIP DADDY of 2 lovely kids.
- Sam Kelehear: RIP..condolences to family and all affected.
- Chrissy Lindsey: Sad news, condolences to all.
- Rose Bryan: oh how shocking for his poor family and so young too
- Kristine Lord: So very very sad
- Brooke Lysaght: So sad and unexpected. A awesome guy, a great dad and a beloved son and brother.
- John Hunter: A good dude just did a supervisor course with him. Thoughts are with his family.
- Teena Martin: My daughter was working for the same company. She often came home and spoke about Trev and what a nice guy he was and how he helped her settle in to her new job 😥 Much respect RIP
- To his beautiful babies much love ❤️ You have a father watching you from above always.
- Lizzi Angelique Matheson: RIP, so very sad, much love to all his family & friends 💞
- Elaine Joyce Duroux: Condolences to his family.
- Karla Brechin: RIP and condolences to his family.
- Natalie Jones: Much love to all his family & friends.