Telstra joins the fight for Braxton
TELSTRA stores in Toowoomba have joined the Fight for Braxton, bringing world champion boxers in store to raise money for two-year-old local, Braxton Rayner, who has been diagnosed with a rare brain tumour.
Both Telstra stores in Toowoomba, at Clifford Gardens and Grand Central shopping centres, will be accepting donations for the cause and selling raffle tickets to go in the draw to win a pair of signed boxing gloves donated by Smithy's Gym.
Parents Kirsten Kay and Clinton Rayner are seeking specialist medical treatment, only available in Melbourne or overseas, for their son who has been diagnosed with a rare brain tumour.
To help ease financial pressures, Telstra will be raising funds for Braxton's cause and also providing a phone for the family to help them stay connected. Their bill will be covered by Telstra for 12 months.
Queensland high-profile boxers also lent their support with appearances at both Toowoomba stores on Thursday, including:
- World Youth Champion Brayd Smith;
- Australian Featherweight Champion Will Young;
- Super Featherweight Champion Jack Asis;
- Current Queensland and Victorian Light Welterweight Champion Darren Askew;
- Queensland Welterweight Champion Kris George;
- Defeated Queensland Heavyweight Champion contender Herman 'The Hermanator' Ene-Purcell; and
- Eight-time Queen of the Range Tress Lindenberg.
Telstra Southern Queensland Area general manager, May Boisen said Telstra was proud to support Braxton and his family.
"The Fight for Braxton is an inspiration to all of us at Telstra, so taking to heart the fighting theme, we've brought some of the local area's legendary boxers to our stores. We're proud to help out in whatever way we can.
"We encourage the Toowoomba community to support the cause by dropping into our stores on 16 October and make donations towards the Fight for Braxton. Anyone who makes a donation at the stores will go into the draw to win boxing gloves signed by the Australian boxing team, courtesy of Smithy's Gym."
More than $1593.65 was raised on Thursday between the two Telstra Toowoomba stores.
Donations are welcome at any of the following Telstra stores this weekend.
- Telstra Clifford Gardens Shopping Centre, Shop 57, Corner of Anzac Avenue and James Street, Toowoomba
- Telstra Shop Grand Central, Shop GC108 Grand Central Shopping Centre Toowoomba
- Telstra Dalby, 17/67 Cunningham St, Dalby