Taskforce's net drops on property crime suspects
TWO Ipswich men are among hundreds who have been caught in the net of Taskforce Integrate targeting property crime.
The police taskforce has laid more than 1000 charges in two months as a part of a crackdown across south-east Queensland.
Commissioner Ian Stewart said charges included 315 relating to unlawful entry of homes and businesses and 162 charges relating to theft of vehicles.
"Some recent examples include a joint task force and Gold Coast CIB arrest of a 21-year-old Nerang man on a total of 36 charges including multiple stealing, unlawful use of a motor vehicle (UUMV), possess tainted property, arson and drug offences. The matters were before the Southport Magistrates Court," Commissioner Stewart said.
"Taskforce Integrate detectives in conjunction with Ipswich CIB have also charged a 25-year-old Brassall man and a 24-year-old Lowood man with a total of 56 offences that included multiple UUMV, burglary offences, stealing, and numerous drug and weapons offences.
"Police also recovered a large amount of stolen property including six stolen motor vehicles. Both men were charged and have appeared before the Ipswich Magistrates Court."
Police Minister Jack Dempsey said Taskforce Integrate, which formed on July 1, had already been very successful.
"Police have charged more than 200 people with property offences since the taskforce began helping ensure south-east Queensland residents can feel safe in their homes," Mr Dempsey said.
"I applaud the efforts of the officers involved in Taskforce Integrate and encourage them to keep up the great work."