Road closures in Ipswich district
POLICE have advised of road closures throughout the Ipswich district, most of which are centred around the Rosewood, Warrill View and Harrisville areas south-west of Ipswich.
- Beaudesert-Boonah Road, Coulson
- Warrill View-Peak Crossing Road, Warrill View
- Cunningham Highway, Warrill View
- Rosewood-Ipswich Road, Rosewood
- Cunningham Highway, Cunningham’s Gap
- Moogerah Connection Road, Moogerah
- Rosewood-Warrill View Road, Coleyville
- Kalbar Connection Road, Kalbar
- West Road, Coominya
Ipswich City Council advised of the following road closures :
- Strong’s Road, Lanefield at Strong’s Bridge
- Haigslea-Amberley Road, Amberley at Five Mile Bridge
- Albert Street, Goodna
Police have warned motorists that many roads across flood-affected Queensland were damaged or closed and those wishing to travel between Queensland and New South Wales should use the Pacific Highway.
Interstate travellers intending to utilise inland routes, such as the New England, Cunningham, Castlereagh, Mitchell and Carnarvon highways, should expect to encounter delays and damaged roads and infrastructure.
Information on road conditions can be found at:
- Bureau of Meteorology website www.bom.gov.au
- the Traffic and Travel information line on 13 19 40 or www.131940.qld.gov.au
RACQ website www.racq.com.au/travel/maps_and_Directions/road_conditions.