Residents hospitalised after Taipan, Eastern Brown bites
Flood rescue victim dies after snake bite
A Kalang man bitten by a highly venomous snake while isolated recently by floodwaters has died.
Bradley Hicks, 60, was transferred to John Hunter Hospital after being bitten by a Stephen's Banded python snake.
Snake bite victim discharged after five days
An Agnes water woman was bitten by a black snake and was rushed to Bundaberg Hospital in a critical condition.
The 29-year-old woman, was bitten on the foot and and is being treated with anti-venom.
Doctors were racing to alleviate snake bite symptoms - including diziness, a racing heart, numb lips, and difficulty swallowing with anti-venom.
Bundaberg man lucky to survive Eastern Brown bite
Dominic Pope had a brush with an eastern brown snake and lived to tell the tale.
The snake, which produces some of the deadliest venom in the world, bit Mr Pope on the arm while he was working on a farm in Bundaberg early Monday morning.
"I was working outside and bent down to adjust the hose and as soon as I hopped back up, I felt a tap on my arm. I looked down and there it was," he said.
Snake bite victim mistook Eastern Brown for pet python
A 15-year-old boy and his 21-year-old brother are lucky to be alive after mistaking an Eastern Brown snake for one of their pet pythons.
Codee Brosing, 15 and Chris Adams, 21, were both bitten after discovering the snake inside a bedroom at their home.
After a stint in Ipswich Hospital, both recovered at home.
Hero pooch praised after saving granny from snake
Molly the Jack Russell has been labelled a hero after saving her neighbours from a 1m eastern brown snake.
Inala resident Lyn Solburn firmly believes she or her mother might not be here today if it wasn't for little Molly.
"The snake was right next to my back door, and Molly saw it and she started barking at it," Ms Solburn said.
Pregnant woman bitten by snake as she walked to bathroom
A woman got out of bed to go to the bathroom and as she was walking through the dark house she felt a sharp scratch on the top of her foot.
When she turned on the lights she saw a snake slithering into her bedroom.
The woman's husband thought the snake was a non-venomous python and contacted the snake catchers for confirmation.
Twenty-one people bitten by snakes over last seven weeks
Twenty-one people have been bitten by snakes on the Sunshine Coast and needed medical assistance from paramedics in the past seven weeks.
The recent fluctuating hot and rainy weather has the Coast's snakes on the move, with nine people already taken to hospital by the Queensland Ambulance Service this month after suffering bites.
Teen treated for snake bite to toe in hospital
It was about 10.30pm when Bridie Fenech, 13, was running towards another group of children when she said it felt like she'd "stepped on a thorn".
"(I) stood back and then I saw that it was a snake," Bridie said.
"So then I yelled out snake and then ran back home."
'My mates saved me'
Brad Thompson thinks he has the best mates in the world after they saved his life following a bite from a deadly brown snake.
''My mates put a bandage on my leg, laid me down on the cement (floor) and called an ambulance,'' he said.
''If it wasn't for my workmates I probably wouldn't be here."
Woman bitten by 1.84m taipan
Cathryn Bishop was doing a spot of gardening and picking tomatoes in the backyard of her Nindaroo home when a 1.84 metre taipan bit her on her right hand.
After she realised she had been bitten she said she was able to survive the bite thanks to learning a lifesaving first aid procedure.
Man survives taipan bite
A man had a lucky escape after being bitten by one of Australia's deadliest snakes, the taipan.
Doug Woodman was shifting steel and sheeting in the back yard of his Webberley Street home in West Mackay, cleaning up prior to recladding.
As he lifted some sheeting the taipan struck him on the right wrist.
Brown snake bites man in Casino
A Casino man, believed to be an off-duty police officer, has been bitten by a brown snake in Casino this afternoon.
A NSW Ambulance media spokesman said a male patient aged around 40 was transported from Casino to Lismore Base Hospital with a suspected snakebite.
Sources told The Northern Star the man was an off-duty policeman, although police will not confirm this.
Boy recovers from snake bite ordeal
Eight-year-old Tyler Worboys is making a full recovery from being bitten by what is believed to have been a red-bellied black snake at Coraki.
The Wollongbar resident had a day off school yesterday and was resting after the bite that turned the family's weekend into "an adventure", mother Deb Mitchell said.
Girls make full recovery after snake bites
Two Grafton teenage girls bitten by snakes at Minnie Water are out of hospital after making a full recovery.
The girls, Poppi Kroehnert and Ellenie Whyte, both aged 17, were bitten by different snakes in Taraygir National Park's Illaroo campsite at Minnie Water in a 90-minute period around midnight.