Production company to be prosecuted for Harrison Ford's leg

A PRODUCTION company is to be prosecuted over an incident on the set of 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' which left Harrison Ford seriously injured.

The veteran actor - who reprised his role as Han Solo - suffered a broken leg and other injuries when he was hit by a metal door on the set of the Millennium Falcon spaceship during filming at Pinewood Studios in June 2014 and now Foodles Production (UK) are to appear at High Wycombe Magistrates Court on May 12 to face four charges.

A spokesperson for the Health & Safety Executive said: "The HSE has today informed Foodles Production (UK) Ltd that it will be prosecuted over four alleged breaches of health and safety law.

"The charges relate to an incident during filming of 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens', which left Harrison Ford with serious injuries after he was hit by a heavy hydraulic door.

"By law, employers must take reasonable steps to protect workers - this is as true on a film set as a factory floor.

"We have investigated thoroughly and believe that we have sufficient evidence to bring the case to court."

The company - a subsidiary of Disney - are accused of making two breaches under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, one under Regulation 3(1) of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, and one under Regulation 11(1) of the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998.



From silly school howlers to indecent acts

From silly school howlers to indecent acts

Life was never dull in Ipswich.

Residents angered, confused by council's decision making: MP

Residents angered, confused by council's decision making: MP

"First recycling is off, and now it's back."

Fraudster dipped in to partner's account

Fraudster dipped in to partner's account

Police said there had been 27 transactions of $100, a total of $2700

Local Partners