Bokarina siege arrests: Two men to face court
LATEST: Two men have been charged following a siege at a property in Bokarina on Monday.
Police attended an address on Seafarer Court on Monday morning executing a search warrant, and as a result they took three men and a woman into custody.
It will be alleged that another man then failed to leave the residence and negotiators and specialist police took the man into custody a number of hours later.
A 30-year-old Sunshine Coast man has been charged with two counts of possession of dangerous drugs and one count each of obstruct police, possession of tainted property, possession of anything used in commission of a crime, unlawful possession of weapons and wilful damage.
He is due to appear in the Maroochydore Magistrates Court on Tuesday.
A 41-year-old Nambour man was also charged with possession of a utensil and is due to face Maroochydore Magistrates Court on October 26.
Witness reports 'banging and crashing' before siege arrest
The sound of a policeman's voice over a loudspeaker alerted Ken Krahe to the siege on the other side of the street.
Mr Krahe, from Brisbane, was staying with friends at Seafarer Ct in Bokarina when he heard the cul-de-sac stand-off about 9.30am Monday.
Police said officers had raided a house and arrested four people but a fifth person, a man aged in his mid-to-late 30s, had refused to come out.
Residents were stopped by police from entering the street.
Officers set up a control centre outside the home.
Mr Krahe said he and his hosts stayed in their home and heard repeated attempts by police to convince the man to come out.
He said there was a lot of "banging and clanging".
Special Emergency Response Team officers were at the scene and used their negotiating skills when talking to the man.
The man walked shirtless from the house while being escorted by police officers about 1.30pm.
He was put into an ambulance and taken away under police escort.
Sunshine Coast police district officer Inspector Jason Overland said the situation had been resolved peacefully.
"He was just reluctant to engage with police and comply with the surrender plan we had mapped out for him," Inspector Overland said.
"He was engaged verbally and probably weighed up his options and considered it was best to give up peacefully I would suggest."
Inspector Overland expected the man would be charged with a range of offences.
"The property will be searched," Inspector Overland said.
"He is assisting with inquiries."
Police are investigating whether or not the man was armed during the stand-off.
Access to the street was reopened very shortly after the man was taken away.
EARLIER: A man aged in his 30s has been arrested after a stand off with police at Bokarina that lasted about four hours.
The man walked from the Seafarer Ct home under police escort, wearing handcuffs with no shirt on, about 1.30pm.
He was taken from the street in an ambulance, with a police escort.
Police had earlier searched the home as part of another investigation.
Four people were arrested at that time, but a fifth person - the man in his 30s - refused to come out of the house.
The street was blocked off during the stand-off but residents remained in their homes, and no one was injured.
The street has since been reopened.
Police are investigating whether or not the man was armed.
EARLIER: POLICE are negotiating with a man who has barricaded himself inside a Sunshine Coast home.
It is unknown whether or not the man, who has refused to leave the Seafarer Court, Bokarina, home, is armed.
Officers have been in the street since 11am.
A number of other people were in the house but have since come out, and a number of people have been taken into police custody.