News

Police drug operation intercepts drivers

IF YOU take drugs and drive, you will be caught.

That is the message Kingaroy police officer in charge Duane Frank wants the South Burnett community to understand.

Snr Sgt Frank said he was concerned three people were allegedly caught driving while under the influence of drugs this week.

He said the most concerning fact was the alleged offenders were caught before 11am.

"It is a concern to local police and the community that these people are driving while (allegedly) under the influence of dangerous drugs," he said.

"These males have in the early morning (allegedly) ingested or consumed dangerous drugs and then decided to get behind the wheel."

Snr Sgt Frank said the drivers were intercepted by a roadside drug-testing unit that had been brought up by the specialist drugs task force from Brisbane.

"It was in operation in the Kingaroy area for three days," he said. "It was part of the Queensland Police Service crackdown on drug driving."

He said the police would continue to target those who abused drugs and then chose to drive across Kingaroy and the South Burnett.

One of the three men charged was a 36-year-old from New South Wales.

Police said he allegedly tested positive to driving while having methylamphetamine in his system.

A Kingaroy man, also aged 36, allegedly tested positive to cannabis. He was also charged for driving an uninsured, unregistered vehicle with cancelled number plate and his car was impounded.

On Tuesday afternoon a 32-year-old Kingaroy man was drug tested and allegedly provided a positive sample to cannabis.

Each man will face the Kingaroy Magistrates Court.

South Burnett

Topics:  drug driving police south burnett



Drink and drug drivers: Heavy price for risking it

You can be caught anywhere, any time.

Man cops 18-month ban for drink driving

Life after racing: Greyhounds need loving homes

CAN YOU HELP: Brookwater resident Emee Botha with her greyhound, Schnuki.

Dog adoption group at crisis point

James Hardie boss devastated by work death

Ambulance with lights on

Photo Tony Martin / Daily Mercury

A MAN in his 60s has died in an industrial accident.

Local Partners

Shot at the live shows slips through Sally's fingers

SUNSHINE Coast singer's dramatic elimination from The Voice nearly saw her form a duo with her battle round opponent.

Ben Stiller and Christine Taylor split after 17 years

They were married in May 2000 and have two children, who they said will remain their priority.

Ben Stiller and his wife Christine Taylor have called it a day

Why The Voice hasn't produced a star

Boy George responds to Brittania Clifford-Pugh's heart-warming message.

It's the industry, not the show, says Boy George

These actors hated their movies and didn’t mind admitting it

Channing Tatum and Marlon Wayans in a scene from GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra.

Every year, Hollywood blesses us with plenty of God awful movies.

Miranda Kerr and fiance hang up backyard tent for wedding

The decorators and caterers are arriving for the final preparations for the wedding of Miranda Kerr and Evan Spiegel. Pictures: Splash

Evan Spiegel and Miranda Kerr are set to marry today

Book review: Mia Freedman's book meets her critics head on

I appreciated Freedman's blunt honesty in the book

Man's amazing comeback from monster crisis

Pat O'Driscoll agents Penny Keating and Doug Webber sold 56 Agnes St, The Range at auction over the weekend.

NOT long ago, he sold his possessions to pay staff. Now he's back.

Report reveals progress on $319m airport upgrade

Aerials of the Sunshine Coast.Jetstar plane in front of the Susnhine Coast terminal, Sunshine Coast Airport.

Over two dozen government approvals needed for airport expansion

Lost dough leaves sour taste after company collapse

Kathleen and John Mahoney from Sugar and Spice Bakery were stung after the collapse of Cantro Pty Ltd and are still owed money.

Supermarket operator collapse leaves sour taste for bakery

'Ridiculous': Council refuses renovation at heritage home

NOT FAIR: Karen Solomon of Newtown is angry with Ipswich City Council for refusing her plans to build a colonial style double car port at her Newtown home.

Council rejected development application

Council refusal of 'high density' development ends in court

Ipswich City Council first meeting with the new 2016 council.

Developer took the matter to the Queensland Planning Court

Ready to SELL your property?

Post Your Ad Here!