Pair die from heater fumes in campsite cabin

A SYDNEY couple has died from what police suspect were fumes from a woodchip heater at a property in the New South Wales Blue Mountains.

Emergency services were called to a campsite cabin on Browns Rd at Kurrajong on Monday just before 8.30am where they discovered the bodies of a man and a woman.

The couple are believed to be in their 30s.

Initial reports suggested there was no ventilation in the cabin and a type of fuel, possibly charcoal or woodchips, was still burning inside at the time.

Authorities are understood to be investigating whether the pair may have died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

- APN NEWSDESK.



New cameras in crackdown on bad drivers

premium_icon New cameras in crackdown on bad drivers

Full list of new red light cameras in high risk spots

Fantastic double: Pride girls celebrate wonderful season

premium_icon Fantastic double: Pride girls celebrate wonderful season

Promising future for Ipswich club after grand final success

GALLERY: Winning pics show Ipswich at its natural best

GALLERY: Winning pics show Ipswich at its natural best

There were 1513 entries in the six categories

Local Partners