Oven fire ruins family barbecue
A FAMILY barbecue almost turned into tragedy at Raceview at the weekend, with a kitchen fire breaking out in a duplex.
Two Queensland Fire and Rescue Service trucks raced to the residence at Thornton Street about 5.30pm on Saturday.
All the occupants were accounted for, and although there were initial concerns that one woman had suffered from smoke inhalation, no injuries were reported.
A Department of Community Safety spokeswoman said firefighters extinguished the blaze within six minutes of arrival.
The fire was not treated as suspicious and police left the scene an hour later.