A WOMAN in her 60s was seriously injured last night when a gas bottle explosion caused her Beerburrum home to go up in flames.

A Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said four crews were called to the Twin Ceders retirement community on Steve Irwin Way just before 6pm and found the home fully engulfed in flames.

The home went up in flames after a gas bottle reportedly exploded inside. Photo: Noel Col/Facebook
The home went up in flames after a gas bottle reportedly exploded inside. Photo: Noel Col/Facebook

According to paramedics, the woman suffered severe facial burns in the explosion.

The RACQ LifeFlight Rescue helicopter was called to the scene and landed outside the property while the woman was treated for the "significant" injuries.

She was then flown to the Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital in a serious but stable condition.

Two men were also taken to Sunshine Coast University Hospital in stable conditions with smoke inhalation.

A police spokeswoman said the fire was not being treated as suspicious.



West Moreton Health CEO investigates following patient death

Premium Content West Moreton Health CEO investigates following patient death

Investigations are under way after an Ipswich Hospital patient passed away while...

Man granted bail on bow and arrow allegations

Premium Content Man granted bail on bow and arrow allegations

A man is charged with multiple offences following an allegedly violent incident in...

Noisy exhaust blows lid on P-plater’s rummy run

Premium Content Noisy exhaust blows lid on P-plater’s rummy run

A drink driver tried legging it through a field to avoid police, but his escapade...