Marvel's Luke Cage S1E3: Who's Gonna Take The Weight
GUNFIRE flashes from a building, men run out fearing for their lives and the moment is punctuated by a flying lounge - surely there is only one man in this universe that can be responsible for such a sight.
Pops' death sent shockwaves through the small circle of which we have met so far.
He was involved with everyone: a father figure to Luke Cage, a former associate of Cornell Stokes/Cottonmouth and had a close relationships with his barber shop's many customers.
It has already affected Cage, who now appears focused on the words Pops used frequently repeated: forwards, always.
It is a recurring theme in not only "Who's Gonna Take The Weight?", but feels as if it will be the motivation for Cage in episodes moving forward (pun not intended).
For Cage, forwards means to take down Cottonmouth: he wants to hurt the crime boss.
For the viewer, it's time to see Cage's abilities in action.
While he plots in the background, Misty Knight and Harlem's police are working to uncover who is responsible for the recent spate of murders.
MARVEL'S LUKE CAGE EPISODE REVIEWS
- Marvel's Luke Cage S1E1: Moment of Truth
- Marvel's Luke Cage S1E2: Code of the Streets review
- Marvel's Luke Cage S1E3: Who's Gonna Take The Weight review
- Marvel's Luke Cage S1E4: Step In The Arena review
- Marvel's Luke Cage S1E5: Just To Get A Rep review
- Marvel's Luke Cage S1E6: Suckas Need Bodyguards review
- Marvel's Luke Cage S1E7: Manifest review
- Marvel's Luke Cage S1E8: Blowin' Up The Spot review
- Marvel's Luke Cage S1E9: DWYCK review
- Marvel's Luke Cage S1E10: Take It Personal review
- Marvel's Luke Cage S1E11: Now You're Mine review
- Marvel's Luke Cage S1E12: Soliloquy of Chaos review
- Marvel's Luke Cage S1E13: You Know My Steez review
Misty and Cage's tryst in the opening episode becomes part of every interaction, every bit of dialogue between the pair.
They both make progress on their respective missions, but for Misty, nothing about Cage adds up.
How he survived the shootout at Pop's barber shop is the main question, but she can't work out how he fits into both Pops and Cottonmouth's circles.