A man and his dog were brought to safety after a fire broke out inside a Maroochydore unit on Thursday morning. Photo: File
A man and his dog were brought to safety after a fire broke out inside a Maroochydore unit on Thursday morning. Photo: File

Man, dog saved as fire breaks out in Coast unit

A man has been taken to hospital after a fire broke out in a Maroochydore unit this morning.

A Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said one crew was called to the Hinkler Pde address about 5.45am and found smoke issuing from the unit.

It's understood the fire started from a pot left on the stove.

Council hopes to resolve cable contract dispute quickly

Man loses everything as 'squatter' home goes up in flames

The QFES spokeswoman said firefighters removed the man and a dog from the unit.

The man, aged in his 30s, was in a stable condition and was taken to Sunshine Coast University Hospital for further treatment.

Firefighter remained on scene to ventilate the area and left the unit about 6.10am.



Drug habit drives single mum to new low

Premium Content Drug habit drives single mum to new low

A mother of two has admitted to 19 offences, blaming a drug habit for her...

Watch Ipswich juniors in state final: Team’s great support

Premium Content Watch Ipswich juniors in state final: Team’s great support

Ipswich Basketball Association receives praise for helping teenage team make...

How this toothless spitter copped a punch in the face

Premium Content How this toothless spitter copped a punch in the face

A man who spat on a police officer has been told he probably deserved the instant...