Man dies after being served detergent instead of wine

A MAN has died after he asked for a glass of white wine in a cafe and was accidentally served dishwasher detergent.

According to local paper El Periódico Mediterraneo, Spanish Police are investigating and the café owner has been arrested.

Andres Lorente, 50, felt a burning sensation after drinking the glass of what he thought was wine on Sunday afternoon at Bar Raconet in the Spanish region of Castellón.

Medical staff rushed to the scene to attempt to resuscitate him.

However, the divorced father of two died from major internal burns in Comarcal de Vinaròs Hospital.

According to Spanish news source The Local Es, the lethal liquid "had been stored in an empty bottle of wine and mistakenly been put in the fridge by a member of staff."



Residents down in dumps over 'dodgy' tyre collectors

premium_icon Residents down in dumps over 'dodgy' tyre collectors

The recent dumping followed three incidents in August

Concerning number of drug drivers caught in highway blitz

Concerning number of drug drivers caught in highway blitz

Spreading the road safety message was priority for police

INSIDE STORY: CEO reveals life within council during sacking

premium_icon INSIDE STORY: CEO reveals life within council during sacking

During the sacking Sean Madigan had a front-row seat to history

Local Partners