Logan house fire sparked by candles after power cut off

A LARGE family left homeless after fire gutted a Logan home had been using candles to light the dining room because the power was cut off.

Firefighters believe candles sparked the fire that tore through the two-storey home in Mawarra Street, Kingston, while the Naanan family was out for a drive on Monday night.

Electricity retailer AGL has since promised to provide temporary accommodation for the family of eight, with another on the way.

A family member told Logan House Fire Support Network founder Louie Naumovski the power bill was sent to the wrong address.

AGL released a statement saying "all billing information, including payment reminders and disconnection warning notices" was sent to the address provided.

Read more at Brisbane Times



Historic house Aberfeldy open for first time in two decades

Historic house Aberfeldy open for first time in two decades

It took only a matter of hours for a buyer to sign a contract.

Beating painful setback, Mitch scores deserved goal

Beating painful setback, Mitch scores deserved goal

Key Pride footballer on comeback trail

Don't dump on my generation

Don't dump on my generation

Dear Mr Mayor, I am 10 years old and I live in Sydney

Local Partners