Ipswich's speed camera 'hot spots' revealed
IF YOU'RE a bit of a lead foot, there's a good chance you will have already been booked by a parked speed camera in Ipswich.
New data reveals exactly where police are targeting speeders, setting up mobile and parked speed cameras across Ipswich.
It shows there are more than 35 places where police might be waiting to take your photo.
That includes along the motorways and suburban streets where drivers might be less inclined to think police are watching.
There are three in Redbank Plains and four in North Ipswich, including along the Warrego Hwy.
Not all the sites are used every day, but each is potentially a place where drivers with a tendency to break the road rules are likely to be caught.
- Chermside Rd, Ipswich
- Griffith Rd, Ipswich
- Brisbane St, Ipswich
- Queen Victoria Pde, Ipswich
- Warwick Rd, Ipswich
- Moffat St, Ipswich
- Warrego Highway, North Ipswich
- Waterworks Rd, North Ipswich
- Downs St, North Ipswich
- Pine St, North Ipswich
- Pine Mountain Rd, Brassall
- Pine Mountain Rd, North Ipswich
Redbank Plains/Augustine Heights
- Willow Rd, Redbank Plains
- Keidges Rd, Redbank Plains
- School Rd, Redbank Plains
- Augusta Pkwy, Augustine Heights
Booval/ North Booval
- Gledson St, North Booval
- Jacaranda St, Booval
- Brisbane Rd, Booval
- Karrabin-Rosewood Rd, Rosewood
- Ipswich-Rosewood Rd, Rosewood
- South Station Rd, Silkstone
- Blackstone Rd, Silkstone
- Geleb Rd, Silkstone
- Ipswich Rd, Moorooka
- Ipswich Motorway, Darra
- Ipswich-Boonah Rd, Coulson
- Ipswich-Boonah Rd, Purga
- Ipswich-Boonah Rd, Peak Crossing
- Brisbane Rd, Newtown
- Burnett St, Sadliers Crossing
- Logan Motorway, Carole Park
- Brisbane Rd, Ebbw Vale
- Toongarra Rd, Leichhardt
Do you think speed cameras improve road safety?
This poll ended on 20 December 2016.
Yes, speed kills
No, it's just revenue raising
Maybe, but being a couple of kms over shouldn't count
This is not a scientific poll. The results reflect only the opinions of those who chose to participate.