UPDATE 1PM: LOUIE Naumovski of Logan House Fire Support Network has offered a warning to Ipswich residents after revealing the cause of a blaze which destroyed a family home overnight.
Mr Naumovski said the suspected cause of the Leichhardt house fire was two of the family's young children playing with matches or a lighter.
He said small children unknowingly starting fires was an all too common occurrence.
"It's a timely reminder to put matches and lighters away so kids can't reach them and to teach your kids what's a toy and what's not," Mr Naumovski said.
"The mum was with the two-year-old out the front and the two boys, aged about seven and five were mucking around.
"They've found an ignition source and within 10 minutes the house was totally alight."
The head of Logan House Fire Support Network said April and May was the most common time of the year for fires.
"The next two months are out busiest times of the year.
"Kids will be kids but it's a reminder to make sure that all ignition sources are away from arm's reach.
He said a multitude of donations had been received for the Leichhardt family already.
"Extra donations can be used for future fire victims over the next two months," he said.
IPSWICH mayor Paul Pisasale said the fire victims would receive $2000 from his community fund and the children would also be looked after.
"I was on my home (from the CCC hearing) and just about to go to a meeting (on Wednesday) when I heard there was a fire out there," Cr Pisasale said.
"I thought 'this is my job and this is what I have been employed to do, to care for this community'.
"So I went out there and put my arm around Brooke (the mother) and said that the mayor's community fund, which I fundraise for, will be the e to assist with $2000.
"Each of the kids will get a big pack from Ipswich Cares which will have toothpaste, handmade clothes and other things for the kids.
"She has only been there for two weeks and it was humbling to be there to help her."
EARLIER 7AM: FIRE crews were called to Leichhardt twice in one night as flames engulfed a home in Crosshill St.
A family home was totally destroyed after fire took hold about 4.40pm yesterday and again at 8pm when the fire reignited.
A mother and her three young children, aged about two, five and seven, were home at the time of the blaze but all got out safety.
A Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokesperson said five crews went to the scene to extinguish the blaze.
"Crews worked to protect nearby exposures like homes, fences and power poles," she said.
"The fire was out by 5.10pm and fire crews handed over to police at 6.30pm.
"At 8pm there was a small reignition and crews were called back to the house."
Louie Naumovski of Logan House Fire Support Network said the street was flooded with community members who offered immediate support to the young family whose home was destroyed.
"It was fantastic to watch. By the time we rocked up there people were dropping off bags of clothes," he said.
"While we were there we had one guy offer beds and the mum has taken his details so once they get a new premises the family will have beds.
"It was great community spirit last night. The whole street came together.
"We offered some nappies for the family's two-year-old but almost everything else was taken care of."
Mr Naumovski said the man who lived at the house was on a 12-hour shift and was shocked when we saw the damage.
"The father was at work and was pretty devastated. I think they're just hard on their luck and trying to bounce back and this is just a kick in the guts," he said.
"Half of it's already done, if people want to give them non-perishable food and grocery vouchers that would be the best way to go.
Mr Naumovski said the One Mile Community Group was also accepting donations, as was Leichhardt State School.
"They will be inundated. The donations from One Mile group and Leichhardt school should be sufficient but extra donations can be used for future fires," he said.
"I would just like to say how giving the community was to this family tonight, it was wonderful to see."
QPS and QFES are investigating the incident in an attempt to establish the cause of the fire.