Hooning, road rage rampant on Darling Downs roads
LANGUAGE WARNING: Darling Downs and Lockyer Valley police have dealt with spate of hooning and road rage incidents on the region's roads.
A Helidon Police spokesman said it was disappointing motorists were continuing to drive in a dangerous manner.
One motorist was caught driving 40kmh over the speed limit.
Others have been caught driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol, while there have been several reports of road rage.
"If found to be behaving irresponsibly on the roads, police will take all necessary action to commence proceedings against perpetrators," the spokesman said.
"This can include a fine, court appearance or even the seizure/confiscation of your motor vehicle. It is a privilege to drive on our roads and not a right.
"Perpetrators will not hold onto their licences for long if found to be driving irresponsibly on our roads.
"Several offenders were detected and prosecuted for a range of offences over the month."
A 53-year-old man from Macleay Island was intercepted and charged by police on Gatton Creek Road, Postmans Ridge. It will be alleged that the man was driving with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.070% and was not the holder of a driver licence.
1) A 25-year-old man from Gatton was intercepted and charged by police on Lawlers Road, Grantham. It will be alleged that the man was driving with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.101%.
2) A 59-year-old man from Drayton was charged with possessing a drug utensil after a search of his vehicle was conducted on the Warrego Highway at Helidon Spa.
A 25-year-old man from Jindalee was charged with possessing dangerous drugs. It will be alleged that a search of his vehicle was conducted on the Warrego Highway at Helidon resulting in police locating an amount of the dangerous drugs methyl amphetamine and cannabis.
A 25-year-old woman from Blanchview was intercepted and charged by Police on Murphys Creek Road, Postmans Ridge. It will be alleged that the woman was driving with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.071%.
A 16-year-old juvenile from Upper Lockyer was arrested and charged with wilful damage after an incident that occurred at an Upper Lockyer address.
Police were called to a noisy party in Withcott. It will be alleged that while in attendance police located drug paraphernalia. A 23-year-old man from Withcott was charged with possessing a dangerous drug (cannabis), possess drug utensils and property used in connection with a drug offence. He was also issued with a Noise Abatement Direction as a result of the noisy party.
1) A 31-year-old man from Haigslea was intercepted and charged by police on the Warrego Highway, Withcott. It will be alleged that the man was driving with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.068%.
2) A 21-year-old woman from Placid Hills was charged with possessing dangerous drugs, drug utensils and property used in connection with a drug offence. It will be alleged that a search of her vehicle was conducted at James Norman Hedges Park at Helidon Spa resulting in police locating amounts of the dangerous drugs methyl amphetamine (Ice) and cannabis.
A traffic crash occurred on the Warrego Highway near the intersection with Biggs Road at Withcott. No injuries were sustained, however and investigation into the crash was conducted. It will be alleged that the crash was caused as a result of a 'road rage' type altercation between two drivers. A 56-year-old Springfield Lakes man was charged with driving without due care and consideration for other road users and a 79-year-old man from Rangeville was issued with an infringement notice for failing to give way to another vehicle.
Police arrested a 31-year-old man from Withcott after it will be alleged that he attempted to flee from a house in Withcott to avoid apprehension on outstanding warrants. The man was caught a short distance from the house and was arrested without incident. He was charged with obstructing police, beach of bail conditions and failing to appear on a Bail Act warrant.
A 36-year-old man from Brassall was issued with an infringement notice for public urination after allegedly urinating onto the external wall of a supermarket at Helidon whilst the shop was still open for business.
A 25-year-old female and a 33-year-old male from Helidon Spa were dealt with for a range of offences after an incident that occurred at an address in Helidon Spa. It will be alleged that the two persons attended another dwelling at Helidon Spa, armed with a baseball bat and made threats to the occupants before smashing a glass door at that location. The two offenders were apprehended by police and charged with wilful damage and committing public nuisance offences.
A 26-year-old male and a 28-year-old female from Helidon Spa were charged with a range of drug offences after Helidon Police executed a search warrant at a Helidon Spa address. It will be alleged that the couple were in possession of a quantity of the dangerous drug methyl amphetamine and other drug paraphernalia.
1) Police from Helidon concluded an investigation in relation to a stalking matter, and have charged a 48-year-old Wilsonton man with stalking. It will be alleged that the man utilised a listening device that he had installed into a residential house in Helidon, for the purpose of monitoring the movements and activity of another person.
2) An 18-year-old Upper Lockyer man, a 19-year-old Murphys Creek man, an 18-year-old Centenary Heights man and a 14-year-old Harlaxton juvenile were all charged with armed robbery of a service station on the Warrego Highway, Helidon Spa. One of the offenders was allegedly dressed as Santa Clause and the other as Spiderman. They were armed with a sword and a hammer. The four persons were allegedly responsible for a crime spree that occurred over the month of October, breaking into several business in the Withcott, Grantham and Murphys Creek areas. They were charged with a range of serious offences.
Eight persons were charged with unlicensed driving or other traffic related offences and six drivers were identified as returning a positive indication for being under the influence of drugs whilst driving a motor vehiclea