Hard Rock receives marketing award
HARD Rock Cafe Surfers Paradise has been awarded the prestigious Hard Rock Pacific Rim 2011 Sales and Marketing Award at a conference in Bangkok.
This adds to their recently acquired accolade of the global Hard Rock August 2011 "Top of the Rock" award out of 172 locations across the globe.
The "Top of the Rock" award is presented to only six franchise and six company-owned Hard Rock Cafes annually, based on financial performance, unique sales accomplishments and community contributions.
Hard Rock Cafe Surfers Paradise was awarded the Hard Rock Pacific Rim 2011 Sales and Marketing Award because:
- It is 20.4% above prior year sales and 6.8% above budget in a market where international traffic is down significantly;
- It has a very strong management and sales and marketing team;
- The cafe takes the motto of Love All Serve All to heart - implementing a charitable program each month for a different charitable partner;
- The cafe activates fantastic sales and marketing events to drive sales, in particular the 40th anniversary activation, which was fantastic and engaged the local community seeing lines of guests waiting down the street for their 40 cent Burgers;
- The sales and marketing team have even taken the cafe on the road, setting up food stalls at local festivals and expos to promote the business to the wider community; and
- As a premium venue for local music, many private functions, inbound tour groups, holiday makers and locals the sales team activates every opportunity presented.
Senior sales and marketing manager for Surfers Paradise, Sally Paradise and team including Shino Wallis, Melanie Holloway and Tia Wilkins were ecstatic to be awarded this prestigious award from Hard Rock International, a first for the Surfers Paradise Cafe.