Girl gets shocked by lightning while sheltering in loos

A 17-YEAR-OLD girl got an electric shock after taking shelter in public toilets on Charlton Esplanade, Scarness on Friday night.

A Queensland Ambulance Service spokesman said the girl was near a metal sink when she felt the shock about 7.30pm.

It is believed the shock came from a bolt of lightning hitting the ground.

He said she had tingling sensations and was taken to hospital.

The girl had taken cover in the public toilets in Scarness and was waiting for the storm to blow over.

She was taken to Hervey Bay Hospital and was in a stable condition.



$1000k vouchers, iPads: Childcare centres go all out

Premium Content $1000k vouchers, iPads: Childcare centres go all out

Childcare centres offering parents gifts to sign up their kids

When Goodna’s top team settles, look out for try feast

Premium Content When Goodna’s top team settles, look out for try feast

Eagles coach working hard to build stability and respect in bid to climb up Rugby...

Ten seconds of agony deny Jets victory in Cairns

Premium Content Ten seconds of agony deny Jets victory in Cairns

“They were absolutely shattered after the game’’. Ipswich coach reveals pain of...