Gaye Anderson rewarded for Ipswich business excellence
GAYE Anderson's commitment to the Ipswich business community over more than four decades has been recognised at the annual Chamber of Commerce Ipswich Business Awards.
Her business, Gayes Hair Fashions, was named the winner of the Apprenticeships Queensland Employer Committed to Training Award and Gaye was inducted into the Chamber's Hall of Fame.
A packed Ipswich Civic Centre crowd gave a rousing endorsement to the recognition.
In all more than 150 nominations were received for the nine categories.
The winners were:
- Business Person of the Year - Gerard Pender (Walker Pender Group).
- Small Business of the Year - Jade Financial Group.
- Business of the Year - Walker Pender Group.
- New Business of the Year - Nutrition Station Ipswich.
- Customer Service - Art Time Supplies.
- Employer Committed to Training - Gayes Hair Fashions.
- Hall of Fame Inductee - Gaye Anderson (Gayes Hair Fashions).
- Community Event of the Year - Willowbank Raceway.
- Community Involvement - ALARA Qld.
- Young Business Person of the Year - Adam Atherton (Orion Family Physiotherapy).
- Future Focused Award - DB Schenker.
- President's Award - Budget Express Promotional Products.