Gas smell causes servo evacuation
A BUSY petrol station and McDonald's restaurant near Gatton were forced to close for hours yesterday after a gas smell emanated from one of the bowsers.
BP and McDonald's employees had to evacuate as the building was placed in lockdown.
The service station's pumps were shut down
Forest Hill rural firefighter Captain Rob Marsh said emergency services were called to the scene on the Warrego Highway about 1.20pm yesterday.
A QFRS spokesman said three specialist Ipswich fire crews were also sent to the scene.
Initial reports suggested the leak was coming from the bowsers.
The spokesman said the area was cordoned off as firefighters worked to detect the source of the possible leak using gas monitors.
By 2.20pm he said crews had left the scene after finding no gas leaks. The complex returned to normal trading shortly after.