News

Five men charged over alleged torturing at mechanic shop

Alexander Francis Pasquill, 24, coming out of the Southport Watchhouse.
Alexander Francis Pasquill, 24, coming out of the Southport Watchhouse.

A FOURTH person has faced a Gold Coast court in relation to the torture of another man at a Southport mechanics last week.

Late yesterday Yunus Badaa, 24, was charged with torture, deprivation of liberty, assault occasioning bodily harm and armed robbery.

On January 5 police were called to a George St unit where they found a 26-year-old Loganholme man bloodied and beaten.

The victim claimed he was taken from his home by a group of up to 16 people, who blindfolded him before taking him to a Brisbane address and then a Southport mechanics.

It is alleged the victim was assaulted, tied to a chair, had his groin cut and had paint thinner poured on him.

Badaa was granted bail this morning by magistrate Kay Philipson.

Duty lawyer Dave Garratt, of Howden Saggers Lawyers, told the court the Kuraby man was not alleged to have participated in the assault but police say he was present at the Southport address during the violent attack.

Badaa, who works as a brick layer, is required to report to police three days a week.

His matter will return to court on February 2.

A fifth man, Victor Wolfram, 24, who was also charged yesterday over the alleged torture but will appear in court later today.

The two men were charged in addition to Parkwood mechanic Alexander Pasquill, 24, who was charged last week, and Jaymin Higham, 30, of Mermaid Waters, who were both granted bail.

Another man, Giovanni Vladik, appeared in a Brisbane court yesterday in relation to the alleged incident but was remanded in custody.

The five men charged are all known to each other and police expect more people will be charged as investigations continue.

Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

News Corp Australia

Topics:  mechanic torture



Body found during search for missing fisherman

SES and Police search for a missing person at Wivenhoe Dam.

A 38-year-old man went missing while swimming last Sunday

Lightning lands at Amberley

TOUCHDOWN: The first of the RAAF's F-35A Lightning II Joint Strike fighters landed at Amberley on Monday.

5th gen fighter arrives

Father fights for recognition for Grantham flood victim wife

Gary Jibson (previously Danny McGuire) is fighting to have his late wife recognised as a rural fire fighter.

Llync-Chiann Clarke-Jibson and children swept to their death in 2011

Local Partners

Groom threatens to walk out of Married At First Sight

ANOTHER explosive MAFS breakup is looming over the weekly dinner party — and this time, it seems like everybody is involved.

'I wasn't naked': Blanca Blanco speaks out

Blanca Blanco arriving at the 89th Academy Awards. Picture: Ian West/PA WireSource:AAP

"It was a nude colour, it matches my skin, so I wasn’t naked.''

‘IT’S A LITTLE SAD’: Trump makes Oscars bungle all about him

US President Donald Trump claims Hollywood's elite were too busy mocking him to pay attention on Oscars night.

Donald Trump ‘explains’ Oscars stuff up.

Lama and Sarah’s ‘epic’ MKR fail

My Kitchen Rules contestants Lama and Sarah.

Tempers flare as Lebanese feast turns into an epic fail.

Oscars 2017: How did biggest award get stuffed up?

Presenter Warren Beatty shows the envelope with the actual winner for best picture as host Jimmy Kimmel, left, looks on at the Oscars on Sunday, Feb. 26, 2017, at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles. The winner was originally announced as La La Land, but was later corrected to Moonlight.

'Guys in headsets starting buzzing around. They took the envelope.'

Lisa Curry can't marry her fiance

Lisa Curry breaks down in the jungle.

Lisa Curry says she can’t get married to her fiance

The true cause of the Oscars bungle

Faye Dunaway, left, and Warren Beatty present the award for best picture at the Oscars on Sunday, Feb. 26, 2017, at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles.

The Oscars ended with a moment that left everyone speechless.

Pahlke votes against "sardine city" small blocks

BOLD: Cr David Pahlke followed through on his opposition to smaller block sizes in the general council meeting.

David takes stand in council against State's housing density move

Casino boss loses $4m on waterfront Sunshine Coast home

The owner of this stunning Noosa home accepted much less than he had initially wanted for the home.

When illness struck owner forced to try and cash out of property

Mining homes dive: $600k homes sell for $120k-$300k

18 Yeates Street, Moranbah sold for $135,000 in December, after being repossessed by a bank. The owners bought for $545,000 in August, 2011.

The economy still has two speeds, but with a painful twist

Mackay's property market climbing like a Rocket Man

Renewed confidence in Mackay means more homes are being snapped up by those eager to plant their roots in the region.

There's movement in the real estate sector and it's all positive.

'Why we drove 800km to buy a treehouse with a disco ball'

The new owners have planned a few updates, but will stick with much of the original design.

A couple travelled almost 800km for the home of their dreams.

Ready to SELL your property?

Post Your Ad Here!