Explosives charges adjourned until May

A THREE-MONTH delay in a report from a doctor will see court proceedings for the two men accused of producing the explosives that maimed a 15-year-old Leichhardt boy pushed back until May.

Mark Anthony Tear, 37, and Glenn Charles Dell, 43, have been accused of numerous explosives charges, grievous bodily harm and attempting to destroy property by explosives.

Ipswich Magistrates Court was yesterday told Crown prosecutors were expecting the majority of 14 outstanding statements to be received in the next week, however, a report from a doctor at the Princess Alexandra Hospital would take up to three months.

Crown prosecutor Nicole Schmitt described the brief of evidence as "voluminous" and said the investigating police officer had only requested the report from the hospital last week.

The court heard the prosecution had requested the report be prioritised. The matter was adjourned until May 14.



Dad comes clean after drug in shoe find

Premium Content Dad comes clean after drug in shoe find

A man caught with ice has completed a rehabilitation program and says he is now...

Top Ipswich stories you may have missed

Premium Content Top Ipswich stories you may have missed

This week the Queensland Times looked at where Ipswich lost out in the budget

Family man in strife after abusing police in car park

Premium Content Family man in strife after abusing police in car park

A man became enraged with police after a family member was allegedly assaulted