Fire truck
Fire truck Tessa Mapstone

Electrical fault causes fire emergency at service station

A FRIDGE on fire has seen a service station become smoke-logged in Landsborough this morning.

One Queensland Fire and Emergency Service crew responded to the call at 10.10am and extinguished the blaze "straight away".

A QFES media spokesman said the fire was caused due to an electrical fault in the compression unit of the fridge.

The service station on Railway St had smoke pouring out of it.

QFES are no longer on scene.



Council outlines priorities for next five years

Premium Content Council outlines priorities for next five years

Ipswich City Council has adopted a new plan which will guide the strategic...

Alleged police stalker fails in bail bid

Premium Content Alleged police stalker fails in bail bid

Russell Gordon Haig Mathews has been refused bail

Ipswich residents set for water bill relief

Premium Content Ipswich residents set for water bill relief

While we will pay less for water after October 1, we will still be paying more than...