DUI, no licence in work car
EVERY week The QT publishes the names of drink-drivers who have been in court in Ipswich over the past week.
DUI, no licence in work car
A SITE foreman has been caught driving his work vehicle while he was drunk and unlicensed.
Anthony John Judd, 30, pleaded guilty in Ipswich Magistrates Court to driving over the general alcohol limit and without a licence.
Police prosecutor Jo Colston said Judd was stopped for a random breath test in Lowood at 8.45pm on September 21.
He recorded a blood-alcohol reading of .092. Judd said his job required him to travel across Australia and he had put off getting a licence because he was unsure in which state to apply for one.
"I'm back and forwards between Queensland and New South Wales and South Australia, if I got a licence in one state, it might not be valid in another."
Upon sentencing, Magistrate Deborah Vasta took the opportunity to enlighten Judd.
"If you're living in a state for more than three months, you have to get a licence for that state," she said.
Judd was convicted and fined $700 and disqualified from driving for three months for both charges.
Over the limit when tested on motorway
AN IPSWICH motorist has described his drink-driving offence as an "act of stupidity".
Cameron John McIntosh, 23, pleaded guilty to driving over the general alcohol limit in Redbank on September 17.
Police prosecutor Sergeant Jo Colston said McIntosh was travelling on the Ipswich Mwy when pulled over for a random breath test. McIntosh returned a blood- alcohol reading of .092. He was fined $400 and disqualified four months.
- SHANE Kevin Davis, 44, pleaded guilty to driving over the middle alcohol limit in Grandchester on September 21. He was fined $1000 and disqualified for six months.
- JASON McGrath, 28, pleaded guilty to driving over the general alcohol limit in Chinchilla on July 26. He was fined $300 and disqualified for a month.
- COREY Jai Saltner, 28, pleaded guilty to driving over the general alcohol limit in Riverview on September 6. He was fined $800 and disqualified for eight months.
- STUART Alan Procter, 27, pleaded guilty to driving over the middle alcohol limit in Deebing Heights on May 25 as well as dangerous operation of a vehicle. He was disqualified for 18 months and sentenced to 15 months in jail with immediate parole.
- CHRISTINE Renee Cook, 37, pleaded guilty to driving under the influence in addition to two other offences which happened in Ipswich on June 15. For all charges she was fined $700 and disqualified for six months.
- JASON Alexander Remeikis, 86, has pleaded guilty in court to driving over the middle alcohol limit in Springfield Lakes on September 20.He was fined $700 and disqualified for seven months.