EMERGENCY services were called to a Glenvale home after reports that a child had started a fire in a bedroom cupboard. 

A Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said the crews arrived at the Balonne Rd address about 8pm. 

"The fire was extinguished upon arrival," she said. 

"We ventilated the area and made the scene safe."  

Paramedics transported a 49-year-old man to the Toowoomba Hospital with minor burns on his hand. 

They also treated five people for smoke inhalation. 



Club champ overcomes match struggles to claim maiden victory

Premium Content Club champ overcomes match struggles to claim maiden victory

THE golfer had been eyeing off a club championship title for years, unable to get...

Watch live: Ipswich’s highly successful junior side

Premium Content Watch live: Ipswich’s highly successful junior side

See the unbeaten Force under-14 girls showcase their talents at the state titles.

Funding secured in boost for vital transport infrastructure

Premium Content Funding secured in boost for vital transport infrastructure

The State Government will put $1 million on the table to progress plans for a vital...