Carpet fire no match for quick-thinking resident, firies
One person required treatment for a minor burn after a fire in a house at Laidley early this morning.
The patient was injured while attempting to throw a fire blanket over a fire that had taken hold on a carpet and a mat in one of the bedrooms.
A fire crew was on site at the property on Ambrose St by 1.09am and the house was given the all clear by 1.13am.
Firefighters did ventilate the room after the all clear and eventually left the scene just before 2am.
Queensland Ambulance Service report that the patient did not require transport to hospital.