Firefighters securing the building.
Firefighters securing the building.

BREAKING: Staff evacuated after fire in council chambers

 A FIRE on a stove in a staff kitchen has forced the evacuation of the Southern Downs Regional Council chambers in Warwick.

Fire crews are on site and the blaze has been extinguished.

Nobody was injured in the fire, and staff are gathered outside the building until it's safe to return to work.

A fire has forced the evacuation of the Southern Downs Regional Council chambers in Warwick.
A fire has forced the evacuation of the Southern Downs Regional Council chambers in Warwick. Jayden Brown


Man's rental nightmare as tenant strips wires, smashes walls

premium_icon Man's rental nightmare as tenant strips wires, smashes walls

Tom Fraser allowed an old friend to privately rent his property.

487 JOBS: Company in the middle of major jobs boom

premium_icon 487 JOBS: Company in the middle of major jobs boom

Hundreds of people have got a new job but they still need more

April Fool's 'roofers' busted

premium_icon April Fool's 'roofers' busted

Bystanders alert police to sky-larking lads

Local Partners