BOM: Severe storm warning for Gladstone
WEATHER EXPERTS at the Bureau of Meteorology have issued a severe storm warning for Gladstone.
Michael Paech, a meteorologist at BoM, said the they'd issued the first storm warning for the Gladstone region, including Gladstone, at 4.14 and had just re-issued a second warning.
Mr Paech said it appeared the storm cell had already moved over Calliope and is now drifting around Mt Larcom.
He said anyone who was underneath the cell could expect falls of between 20-40mm, despite it being relatively quickly moving.
Mr Paech also told locals to employ storm safety measure, with the possibility of damaging winds coming with gheavy rainfall.
Earlier, Mt Seaview, just to Biloeila's west, received about 17mm, Mr Peach said.
More to come
STORM SAFETY MEASURES |
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.