Block stars to share tips at Ipswich Home and Lifestyle Expo
BLOCK stars Trixie and Johnno will return to their home turf to share their renovating tips at this year's Ipswich Home and Lifestyle Expo.
The DIY duo's special appearance on Sunday is just one of the many highlights in store for the city's biggest home event on the calendar.
The two-day expo has been organised by Opportune NFP and promises to be the largest yet.
Director Deb Ribinskas said she was expecting large crowds at the Ipswich Showground for the show.
"Thousands of dollars worth of prizes will be up for grabs, including plenty of goodies from more than 120 exhibits," she said.
"Showgoers will have a shot at winning a 10-day Vietnam holiday worth $5000, thanks to On The Go Tours, simply by completing an entry form at the travel stands.
"Apprenticeships Queensland has teed up with Mitre 10 to invite Year 11 and 12 high school students to submit their wood or metalwork projects.
"Trixie and Johnno will be the judges on Sunday with the winner set to receive $100 in cash and one month's paid work at their local Mitre10."
Primary school children will have a chance to win $100 cash for their school, plus another $100 for themselves in Salters Jeep's colouring competition.
"There's also an unforgettable mystery prize for one lucky person up for grabs for simply coming through the gates, as well as a helicopter ride for two to be won," Ms Ribinskas said.
Among the exhibit line-up are trade specialists, kitchen, bathroom, flooring and roofing experts, solar businesses, tourism professionals, food and beverage stalls and much more.
Birch Carroll and Coyle will also be handing out free movie tickets every hour.
With dozens of workshops and demonstrations planned, Ms Ribinskas said the event would be a mecca for home renovators.
"We'll have DIY workshops, chainsaw, rollerskate, artist, cooking and exercise demonstrations and a ride-on mower obstacle course," she said.
"There is a food court as well as a kids' entertainment area with an animal nursery, jumping castle and face painting."
There will even be mobility scooters available to hire for $10 on the day for the elderly to get around.
The Home and Lifestyle Expo will start with the official event launch on Friday night at the main exhibitor hall at the Ipswich Showground. Business leaders and exhibitors are invited to attend the launch with all proceeds to be donated to the Lady Mayoress's Community Charity Fund.
Entry to the Ipswich Home and Lifestyle Expo is $5 for adults and children are free. Look out for the $5 free coupon in The QT this week.
Gates open on Saturday from 8am-4pm and Sunday at 8am-3pm. Trixie and Johnno will visit on Sunday to answer any of your home reno questions between 11am and 1pm.
- 10am: Birch Carroll and Coyle movie tickets to be given away every hour
- 10.30am: Travel counsellors offer travel tips
- 11am: Wray Organic's healthy eating cooking demonstration
- 11.30am: Mitre10 DIY demonstrations
- Noon: Step into Life fitness demonstrations
- 12.30pm: Bundamba Skate Away rollerskate demonstrations
- 1pm: Artists demonstrations
- 1.30pm: Commonwealth Bank - Money Talks
- 2pm: Travel counsellors offer travel tips
- 2.30pm: Wray Organic's cooking demonstration
- 3pm: Mitre10 demonstrations
- 9.30am: Bundamba Skate Away rollerskate demonstrations
- 10am: Wray Organic's cooking demonstration
- 10.30am: Step into Life fitness demonstrations
- 11am: The Block Sky High celebrities Trixie and Johnno
- 11.30am: Mitre10 demonstrations
- Noon: Commonwealth Bank - Money talks
- 12.30pm: Trixie and Johnno announce winner of the high school project competition
- 1pm: Travel counsellors share travel tips
- 1.30pm: Mitre10 demonstrations
- 2pm: Salters Jeep announce winner of the primary school competition
- 2.30pm: Travel counsellors announce winner of trip to Vietnam