BLAIR: Patricia Petersen, Independent
YOU work hard, pay taxes, contribute to your community.
You deserve for your money to be handled responsibly by government.
For that reason, if elected, I will give back to the community the majority of my salary.
I will advocate for the following:
- Aquatic Centre - 50m indoor heated pool/recreation centre
- Super stadium to house 27,500 sports fans
- Cultural Centre - Theatres, new art gallery, museum
- Norman Street bridge
- No toll on Ipswich to Brisbane Motorway
- Road upgrades
- Increase funding for schools
- Funding for Gonski
- Review of education system - in order to increase literacy and numeracy
- Additional university and TAFE places
- Increase funding for hospitals
- Additional doctors and nurses
- No freeze on Medicare rebate - in keeping with recommendations from the Australian Medical Association
- Retaining private health insurance rebate
- Cap on private health insurance premiums
- Financial assistance for elderly to remain in their homes, if they so choose
- Additional funding/staffing for nursing homes
- Superannuation earnings for retirees in pension phase to remain tax free
- Patricia Petersen