Big crowd enjoys thrill of the races
SATURDAY'S glorious weather made for perfect track conditions for the Lockyer Valley Regional Council Race Day.
Hundreds turned out donning their finest attire for the race meet, held at Gatton's Burgess Park racecourse.
Lockyer Valley Race Club secretary Jane Dalgleish said more than 600 race-goers kept the energy and excitement at a high.
"It was a brilliant day. We had a huge turnout with many group booking and bus loads of people coming through," she said.
Mayor Steve Jones said the event was always a great day on the racing calendar.
"It gives people a chance to dress up and relax with a few mates over the races," he said.
- Race 1 - Maiden Plate, 1400m: 3 Rock Quiz (CJ Williamson)
- Race 2 - Maiden Handicap, 1100: 14 Mim (Lex Fraser)
- Race 3 - Handicap (C1), 1100m: 1 Our Grand Finale (Ben Currie)
- Race 4 - (Bm65), 1400m: 3 Spurring Spirit (Anthony Greaves)
- Race 5 - Handicap (Cl B), 1600m: 10 Jamican Dancer (Neil Hocking)