Arrest over alleged sex assaults on boys as young as five

A CHILD abuse investigation into the rape of boys as young as five has led to the arrest of a 31-year-old man near Newcastle.

Detectives began tracking the man when a cognitively impaired nine-year-old boy told family he had been sexually assaulted by a relative on two separate occasions.

Police will allege the boy was seven when the abuse began at a property in Sydney's north-west in 2010.

During the investigation police were told another young man was five when he was allegedly assaulted by the accused at Lake Macquarie in the mid '90s.

He was later allegedly assaulted on several occasions when he was aged between 10 and 12.

The man fronted court on Wednesday charged with several serious offences including sexual intercourse with a person under 10 and aggravated indecent assault.



DAMAGING WINDS: Bureau issues severe storm warning

DAMAGING WINDS: Bureau issues severe storm warning

Severe storms detected at 5.15pm

BUNNINGS: Developer's request for $500k discount rejected

premium_icon BUNNINGS: Developer's request for $500k discount rejected

Developer behind Plainland Bunnings asked council for almost $500k discount

Businessman’s brutal assault on ambo after funeral

premium_icon Businessman’s brutal assault on ambo after funeral

Paramedic was kicked and punched in attack by Ian Scarvell.