Air conditioner sparks blaze in Ipswich home

UPDATE: Fire crews have managed to control a blaze that broke out in a Walloon home just after 1.40pm on Monday.

All persons are accounted for.

EARLIER: TWO firefighters in breathing apparatus are currently trying to extinguish a blaze that broke out in the front room of a house in Walloon.

Crews were called to 23 Calvin St in Walloon around 1.40pm on Monday.

When they arrived they found a room in the front of the property well alight.

It is believed the fire was started by an air conditioner.

Another crew is en route to help tackle the blaze.



Man in critical condition after home goes up in flames

Premium Content Man in critical condition after home goes up in flames

A man is in a critical condition after a fire in Bundamba

Police officer to face Gatton court for stalking and assault

Premium Content Police officer to face Gatton court for stalking and assault

A POLICE officer is set to face Gatton court next month

Read everything for just $1 a week for first 12 weeks

Premium Content Read everything for just $1 a week for first 12 weeks

Deal gives you access to local, regional and metro News sites