Hospitality worker loses lower part of arm to exploding keg

A HOSPITALITY worker has lost part of his arm after a beer keg he was changing exploded at the weekend.

Jye Parker, 23, was releasing air from a keg in a cool room at the Bar Beach Bowling Club in Newcastle when the incident occurred.

He was rushed to John Hunter Hospital where he underwent immediate surgery.

His uncle, Neil Parker, told Seven News on Sunday his nephew was coming to terms with losing the lower part of his left arm.

He said the family was shocked at what had occurred.

"The support is there but it is very hard to deal with something like this," he said.

"He is only a young bloke.

"The fact his left arm is gone . . . it is going to be a long road ahead."

NSW WorkCover has launched an investigation into the incident. - APN NEWSDESK.



EXPLAINED: Why contamination rates in recycling matter

EXPLAINED: Why contamination rates in recycling matter

Recycling has been going to landfill for the past four weeks

State’s waste levy comes forward a year

premium_icon State’s waste levy comes forward a year

A new tax will be included in the looming budget

REVEALED: Fast food outlets, child care centre for suburb

REVEALED: Fast food outlets, child care centre for suburb

Plans also include a grocery store, car wash and service station

Local Partners