Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Submission of an entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is open to all Ipswich permanent residents aged 18 years and over.
3. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
· employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter;
· the spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household); and
· entrants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
4. Promotion opens on 9/11/12 at 9am AEST and closes on 21/12/12 at 5:00pm AEST (the “Promotional Period”).
5. To enter, entrants must, during the Promotional Period, enter via the competition application on the The Queensland Times Facebook page by:
1. Submitting their email address, phone number, correct full name and postcode;
2. Uploading a photo of themselves and their best friend; and
3. Stipulating in words why the entrant cannot live without their best friend pictured in the photo.
6. Personal information disclosed is provided to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
7. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. Only one entry per person is permitted.
8. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on creative merit of the uploaded photo and the answer provided to the question. The most creative or engaging entry, as determined by the judges in their sole discretion, will be declared the winner. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence into this decision will be entered.
9. The judges reserve the right to select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next most creative and literate entries, and record them in order of merit, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant. The winner will be notified by telephone and/or email.
10. Prize winner: The winner will receive two General Admission Gold Coast Big Day Out tickets valued at a total AUD$330. The prize winner must be available to travel to the Gold Coast, Queensland on 20 January 2013. If for any reason a winner does not take the prize, or is not available to travel, on the date stipulated, then the prize may be forfeited. Use of the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the Big Day Out tickets as stipulated by the ticket issuer. The winner is responsible for all travel, accommodation and other expenses. It is the winner's responsibility to take out, at their own cost, all relevant insurance (including but not limited to travel insurance) which may be required or prudent to be taken.
11. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize of equal value and/or specification.
12. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as or redeemable for cash.
13. Entries will not be returned to any entrant. As a condition of entering into this promotion, each entrant agrees to grant the Promoter a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive and fully sub-licensable license(s), to use, reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works and otherwise use the entry (in whole or in part) in any form in any media. You permit the Promoter to show your name with your photo unless you specifically request otherwise. Each entrant warrants to the Promoter that:
a) they are the sole author or owner of the text and photo submitted;
b) they have the right to grant the licence(s) set out above;
c) they obtained their photo in a manner which does not breach any laws or the rights of any person;
d) their photo has not been digitally altered in any way to impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
e) their photo, the provision of their photo to the Promoter and the use by the Promoter of the photo, in each case as contemplated in these terms and conditions, does not breach any law (including laws relating to privacy, intellectual property and defamation) or the rights of any person;
f) they have the consent of any person who is identifiable in the photo to submit the photo to the Promoter for publication;
g) their email and photo, at the time they are sent to the Promoter, contain no virus or other code or material embedded in it which will have a negative impact on the Promoter’s services or infrastructure;
h) their photo is not being provided for a commercial purpose (including that they are not soliciting funds or promoting particular goods or services); and
i) their photo has not been published elsewhere nor has it won a prize in any other photographic competition.
14. The Promoter has the right to disqualify entries using images not created by the entrant. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter against all costs and claims by third parties arising from a breach of any warranty. Entrants consent to any use of their entry which may otherwise infringe their moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
15. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
16. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner's entry is of a type described in this clause.
18. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website and/or email address is the entrant's responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
19. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury or death, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; (f) the acceptance or use of a prize; and (g) any act or omission of the Promoter or its associated agencies.
20. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winners (and any companion/s) may be asked to sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter / Prize Supplier / organisers in their absolute discretion including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
21. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including, but not limited to, prize suppliers, to assist in conducting the promotion. Entry is conditional on providing this information.
22. If entrants indicate their consent on the entry form, each entrant agrees that the Promoter may use this information in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant, including sending the entrant electronic messages. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
23. The Promoter is APN Newspapers Pty Ltd.
24. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
25. Entrants release Facebook in full from any responsibility in relation to this promotion.