Terms and Conditions: Queensland Times – Monster Christmas Stocking Competition
By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Contestants under the age of 18 years at time of entry must have parent/legal guardian consent to be eligible to enter. Contestants must be an Australian resident to be eligible to enter.
The Promoter is Queensland Times Pty Ltd; 260 Brisbane Street, West Ipswich Queensland 4305; ABN 94 009 658 244.
1. Method of Entry: From Wednesday November 25, 2015 to Tuesday December 22, 2015, eligible contestants must purchase any retail product at the prevailing usual retail price from a registered participating Monster Christmas Stocking business (displaying the Monster Christmas Stocking Poster);
A list of participating businesses will appear in the Queensland Times between Wednesday November 25, 2015 and Tuesday December 22, 2015.
Contestants must obtain an original entry form and original official tax receipt for the purchase from the registered participating Monster Christmas Stocking business. Original receipt of purchase is to be provided by the contestant when claiming a prize if chosen as a winner.
Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
Receipts from partial lay-bys, bill payments such the payment of credit card bills, gift card purchases, bank transactions, bank fees and charges and service bills (such as gas, electricity, rates and phone bills, medical accounts, rent, leases, pharmaceutical scripts; etc.) are not accepted as part of this Promotion.
Contestants may submit more than one entry, however there is only one (1) prize.
One original entry form per standard envelope.
Contestants must complete the original entry form including name, address, phone number, name of business, receipt number and date of purchase, in an envelope marked Queensland Times – Monster Christmas Stocking Competition; then:
- Send to: PO Box 260, Ipswich Qld 4305; or
- Deliver to: 260 Brisbane St Ipswich West Qld 4305.
- There is one major prize of a Monster Christmas Stocking, retail value $5,000.00 (inclusive of GST).
- Total maximum retail value of the prize in this competition is $5,000.00 (inclusive of GST).
The prize is valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
3. Competition duration: The competition commences Wednesday November 25, 2015 and closes at 2:30pm (AEST) Tuesday December 22, 2015. Entries received after the closing date/time will be deemed to be invalid entries and will not be entered into the competition.
4. Eligibility limitations: Contestants under 18 years of age require parent/guardian permission to enter. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) Employees of, or owners to, the registered participating businesses so far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(iii) The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
(iv) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
5. Draw and notification: The prize winner will be selected by random draw at the Queensland Times office, 260 Brisbane Street, Ipswich, Qld at 3:30pm (AEST) Tuesday December 22, 2015. Winner’s details will be published in the Queensland Times on Wednesday December 23, 2015. Prize will be awarded following winner validation and verification. Judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The winner must produce the original receipt for the nominated business from which they made their purchase and Government issued photo ID is required to claim their prize. Any winner must complete a release form to confirm rightful collection of their prize. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to collect their prize. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
6. Prize Expiry Date and redraw: The winner must collect their prize together with the Marketing Manager from the Queensland Times at the Ipswich City Mall by no later than 3:00pm Thursday January 14, 2015. If the prize remains uncollected at this time, a redraw will be conducted from the remaining entries at 9:00am Friday January 15, 2015. The winner will be advised by the Marketing Manager of the QT of the designated place for collection at the time of notification of winning.
7. Prize collection: The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any and all entries and reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant for:
(a) Tampering with these Terms and Conditions;
(b) Tampering with the entry process; or
(c) If the Entrant is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion.
The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved. Prizes must be claimed in person unless winner is otherwise advised. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
8. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including but without limitation technical malfunctions or failures.