Conditions of entry: The Queensland Times – MOMENTUM COMPETITION
1. Method of entry: Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. To enter, Contestants must collect from The Queensland Times an entry form. The entries must be original newsprint entries - no photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will be accepted. The completed entry form must be placed in an envelope marked The Queensland Times MOMENTUM COMPETITION and then:
(a) sent by pre-paid post to MOMENTUM COMPETITION, PO Box 260, Ipswich, Qld. 4305 (so it is received before the Closure Time); or
(b) delivered to 260 Brisbane Street, West Ipswich, Qld, 4305; or
Contestants may submit more than one entry, but any Contestant may only win one of the prizes.
Major Prize: 1 prize packages to the value of $727 including:
- Overnight accommodation in a superior hotel room for 2 adults ($549),
- dinner at the property’s Italian restaurant Osteria Vivo and two tickets to Momentum ($178).
The prize is not transferable, exchangeable and not redeemable for cash or any other alternate prize. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount. No credit will be given for any unused portion of the prize. The prize cannot be used on public holidays or during peak periods and is valid Sunday to Thursday. Prize can only be redeemed on the date of the reservation and no part of the prize will be renewed, replaced or exchanged if the prize winner or their guest is unable to attend on date of reservation.
^ The show is subject to availability, change or cancellation.
# Accommodation and dinner must be taken on the same day as the date of the show.
All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
3. Competition duration: The competition commences Wednesday April 3, 2013 and closes at 10am on Wednesday April 10, 2013 (“Closure Time”). Entries received after the Closure Time will not be eligible.
4 Eligibility limitations: Contestants under the age of 18 require parent/guardian permission to enter. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter so far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) the spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
5. Draw and notification: The prize winner(s) will be selected by random draw at 10.05am on Wednesday April 10, 2013 and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winner’s details will be published in The Queensland Times on Thursday April 11, 2013. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his / her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
6. Prize collection: Prizes must be claimed in person unless winner is otherwise advised and ID that includes a photograph may be required. Upon request by the Promoter a copy of the general contest rules and/or a signed receipt and acknowledgement must be signed and endorsed by any winner to indicate his/her understanding and acceptance of these terms.
7. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained to personal property and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
8. Entries and privacy: All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter (subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement). All entries become the property of the Promoter and will be used only for competition purposes. Under the Privacy Act the names and addresses of all entrants in this competition will not be shared or distributed to other parties unless specified.
Promoter: APN Newspapers Pty Ltd. ACN:009657943