Terms and Conditions
International Legends of League Giveaway
1. The Promoter is The Queensland Times Pty Ltd, 260 Brisbane Street, West Ipswich Qld 4305.
ABN 94 009 658 244.
2. Readers agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
3. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this giveaway, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
Redemption of Passes
4. To obtain a free double pass to the International Legends of League, QT Readers must collect a coupon from the QT newspaper published on Monday 29th May 2017, Tuesday 30th May 2017 or Wednesday 31st May 2017 and be one of the first 25 readers to call into the QT office, 260 Brisbane Street, West Ipswich Qld 4305 with an original coupon to redeem their pass before 12:00pm Thursday June 1, 2017 or until all passes are redeemed.
5. Immediate family includes the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or first cousin.
6. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older as at the date of redemption of the double pass.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole. Passes must be redeemed by the reader prior to the close date and time.
8. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including SMS messages not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the SMS message due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
9. The coupon must be original. Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
10. Readers may only redeem one (1) coupon each in return for one (1) double pass.
How to Redeem
11. The details of how to redeem the passes are set out at www.qt.com.au/competitionterms
12. There are only 25 double passes available for readers to redeem with an original coupon. Each double pass is valued at $24.00 (inclusive of GST).
13. Once all 25 double passes are collected, no further coupons will be honoured and no further passes will be made available for redemption.
14. Passes can only be used for the Legends of League Match Day on Saturday 3rd June, 2017 at North Ipswich Reserve, Ipswich Qld 4305
Number of Entries permitted
15. Readers may redeem one double pass only.
Prize on offer
16. Individual pass value is up to $24.00 each (including GST). Total prize pool value is up to $600.00 (including GST) as at Friday May 26, 2017.
17. Unless otherwise expressly stated, pass values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of first publication of these Terms and Conditions (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in pass value between now and the ultimate pass redemption date.
18. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the pass.
19. Passes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
20. It is a condition of accepting the pass that the reader must comply with all the conditions of use of the passes and the pass supplier’s requirements. It is the responsibility of the winner to confirm such conditions with the pass supplier or other relevant third parties.
21. It is a condition of accepting the pass that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion
22. All entrants agree that if they redeem the passes, they will not, and their companions will not, sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or any other organisation, including the internet. Photographs will be allowed only at the discretion of the Promoter.
23. Passes must be taken on June 3, 2017. In the event a reader does not take the passes by the time stipulated, then the entire pass will be forfeited by the reader and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
24. Event tickets are only valid for the date or period specified on the tickets or by the provider, and are subject to any terms and conditions imposed by the provider. Once awarded, the Promoter is not liable for any ticket that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way.
Further Terms and Conditions
25. Subject to complying with all relevant State and Territory legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this giveaway if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this giveaway.
26. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
27. If for any reason this giveaway is not capable of running as planned, including (without limitation) due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available, and (without limitation) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
28. Entrants are responsible for any cost associated with accessing the promotional website. Access to that site is dependent on the Internet service provider.
29. Any entrant found to be using any form of software or third party application to redeem multiple times (including scripting software) will have all coupons invalidated and any claim to any pass will be invalidated. If such a reader is awarded a pass and then found to have breached this clause, the reader must immediately return any awarded pass to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any reader. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. A reader must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
30. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the pass to the reader, the reader hereby permits the reader’s submission, image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the reader’s participation in the pass to appear in connection with the Promoter publications or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
31. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the giveaway on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the giveaway and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
32. The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the remainder of this clause will apply to the fullest extent permitted by law and the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
33. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
34. All entries become the property of the Promoter (with the exception of any intellectual property rights comprised therein). The Promoter collects personal information about you for the purposes of conducting this promotion. Any disclosure of such information will be made as required by law and in accordance with these terms and conditions but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
35. All entries become the property of The Promoter (with the exception of any intellectual property rights comprised therein). All opt-in entries may be entered in to a database and The Promoter may use the entrant’s names, addresses and telephone numbers for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By opting-in, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact The Promoter on their details set out below. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant’s details should be directed to The Promoter.
36. The Promoter collects information about you, including for example your name and contact details which you provide when registering or using our services as well as information from data houses, social media services, our affiliates and other entities you deal or interact with for example by using their services.
38. We may disclose your information to our related companies, including those located outside Australia. Any of us may contact you for those purposes (including by email and SMS) at any time. We may also disclose your information to our service and content providers, including those located outside Australia.
39. If you do not provide us with requested information we may not be able to provide you with the goods and services you require. We may disclose your personal information to authorities if you are a prize winner or otherwise as required by law. Further information about how we handle personal information, how you can complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, how we will deal with a complaint of that nature, how you can access or seek correction of your personal information