Terms and Conditions for “Win a Cruise Competition”
The Queensland Times
1. Method of entry: Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. To enter, Contestants must collect from The Queensland Times one entry form. The entry form must be original newsprint - no photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will be accepted. The completed entry form must be accompanied by three tokens: (Coupons will be published randomly from 07/05/2014 to 30/05/2014) and then placed in an envelope marked “Win a Cruise Competition” and then:
(a) sent by pre-paid post to The Queensland Times. P.O. Box 260 Ipswich, QLD. 4305.
(so it is received before the Closure Time); or
(b) delivered to The Queensland Times. 260 Brisbane Street, West Ipswich. QLD. 4305.
(c) dropped into the entry barrel located in helloworld Riverlink Ipswich.
Contestants may submit more than one entry but there is only one prize to be won.
2. Prize: helloworld Riverlink Ipswich is proud to offer the winner a 7 day, 4 berth outside cabin cruise, departing Brisbane on Saturday, 18th October, 2014. Accommodation is for 4 adults in an Outside cabin. Cabin number is at the discretion of P&O and helloworld Riverlink Ipswich. Passports, visas and vaccinations are your responsibility. Without the necessary passport, visas and/or vaccinations, local authorities may deny you boarding, prevent you from going ashore, issue a fine or deny the ship entry into the port. For international cruises (cruises that visit a foreign port), passports are required for all passengers and must be valid for a minimum of six (6) months beyond the date of the cruise return. In addition, travel on our cruises will not revalidate an Australian or New Zealand re-entry visa.
Travel insurance is strongly recommend and is not included in the prize. If you do not purchase travel insurance, you may not be able to recover cancellation charges, medical costs, repatriation and other expenses that may arise if things do not go according to plan. helloworld Riverlink Ipswich will require full name, including title, first name, middle name, surname, gender for each passenger as it appears on their passport. This booking is subject to the terms & conditions outlined in the most current P&O cruises brochure available at the time of this draw. Passengers have to accept P&O’s Terms & Conditions as a condition of winning this cruise. The total prize value is approximately $3600 including gst.
This prize is not valid with any other offer, is not transferable or redeemable for cash and must be taken intact. If not utilised in this time the prize will be forfeited and no extensions will be granted. If lost or misplaced, vouchers will not be replaced. The holder of this voucher cannot on sell or auction the prize for any monetary benefit. helloworld Riverlink Ipswich reserves the right to revoke the validity of the voucher if such an incident occurs. Any alterations to travel plans may incur a re-booking fee. Food, beverages and incidental expenses will be at the expense of the prize winner unless otherwise stated. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
3. Competition duration: The competition commences on Wednesday, May 7, 2014 and ends on Friday May 30, 2014. Entry deadline is 4pm Friday May 30, 2014. Entries received after the Closure Time will not be eligible.
4. Eligibility limitations: Contestants under the age of 18 require parent/guardian permission to enter. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter
(ii) the spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
5. Draw and notification: The prize winner will be selected by random draw drawn at Riverlink – helloworld Riverlink Ipswich Cruise Expo at or just after 11.30am on Saturday May 31, 2014 and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winner’s details will be published in The Queensland Times public notices Tuesday June 3, 2014. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his / her name, character and likeness. The contest winner must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
6. Redraw: In the event that the winner has not come forward within 2 minutes of the draw being conducted on Saturday May 31, 2014, the Promoter may conduct such further random draws as are necessary on this date at the same place as the original draw, to select a new winner.
7. Prize collection: Prizes must be claimed in person unless winner is otherwise advised and ID that includes a photograph may be required. Upon request by the Promoter a copy of the general contest rules and/or a signed receipt and acknowledgement must be signed and endorsed by any winner to indicate his/her understanding and acceptance of these terms. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
8. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
9. Entries and privacy: All entries become and remain the property of APN Newspapers (subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement) and will be used only for competition purposes. The entrants contact details may be used by APN Newspapers and helloworld Riverlink Ipswich for marketing purposes.
Promoter: APN Newspapers Pty Ltd. ACN:009657943